RestorTech, Inc. © 2016
“Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living.”
- Albert Einstein
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Commercial / Residential / Industrial
Licensed ~ Bonded ~ Insured
BBB Accredited Business (Rating: A+)
IICRC Certified #93929
24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICES
IMPORTANCE OF HOME WINTERIZATION
Selling a home, going on vacation, or whatever the reason; if the temperature drops below freezing and you have no heat in your house, you are risking cracking a waterline. This can easily cause thousands of dollars in damage to your property not to mention the risk of mold. Plastic and copper pipes can both crack and a small crack can leak a couple hundred gallons or more of water per day.
Our technicians will shut off the main to the house and blow out all the waterlines with compressed air, drain the hot water tank, spas, sprinkler systems, and any appliances that use water. They will also winterize toilets, tubs, and sink drains.
OTHER THINGS YOU MAY CONSIDER:
* Have the gas company shut the gas off to the house.
* Disconnect any propane tanks connected to the property.
* If the electricity is left on, set the lights up on timers to reduce utility bill.
* Shut fireplace dampers and plug any openings like dryer vents to prevent rodents and birds from coming in.
* Moth balls can be placed throughout the house to help keep bugs out.
* Keep firewood and piles of leaves away from the house, which may attract bugs and rodents.
* Gutters should also be cleaned out to prevent any damage from ice build up and a clogged gutter can also cause flooding in the lower level of the home.
* Have driveways and walkways plowed or shoveled on a regular basis. An unkept driveway tells a burglar that nobody is home.
These are all things RestorTech can handle for you!